Monday, June 28, 2010

Why I Ain't The Blogger I Used To Be

As you can tell, I haven't been blogging much lately. It's not like I haven't had anything to write about. I have. But I'm still in a mildly depressed state which makes it difficult to get up the energy to do even the smallest of tasks. And besides, most of my writing would probably consist of my depression and who wants to read about that all the time?

I could write about work except that I made a vow with myself to not blog about work anymore, mainly because I want to keep my job (after being unemployed for 6 months, I'm not interested in being dooced), but also because of moral reasons: You just shouldn't say things on a blog that you're not willing to say to a person's face .

This new found blogging ethic is why I haven't been writing much about my personal life either. I've had a thing or two happen to me that would have been great fodder for the blog, but since I would have characterized those incidents in writing in a way that I would never have done in real life and considering that those incidents involved people who are close to me and who possibly read this blog, I decided it was best to not write anything at all.

God. When did I become such a dullard?

3 comments:

Marni said...

Miss ya. Hope you get to writing again soon.

Me said...

Thank you, though, for mustering up the enthusiasm to check in on me with comments of encouragement.

You still have my e-mail if you want to chat.

bulletholes said...

I can't remember the last time i stopped by. I've taken the bigger part of my show over to Facebook, where anyone that can put two sentences together is considered a genius.
I had thought that i might find some inspiration there, but there has not been much.