I felt as if Pastor Cheryl's sermon during the Ash Wednesday service tonight was written just for me. She talked about how the ashes on our foreheads represented death and that Lent is the season for preparing for resurrection.
Well, isn't it interesting that I lost my job at this particular time, during this particular liturgical season? It's like a death to my old self, to an old part of me that needed to die so that something new could be resurrected.
I hung on to my job for way too long. I probably should have left a decade ago. God had to kill that position off. He murdered it, stabbed it, strangled the last breath out of it so that I would move on to something else.
Now, I'm left with the task of preparing for my resurrection. What my resurrection will look like or how it will come about, I do not know. All I know is that I'm open.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
when God speaks, i listen. i dont always listen right away, so there have been times when im made to listen.
i think youre hearing His voice now, guiding you to where it is you are meant to be.
trust this.
Post a Comment