Thanks everyone for the encouraging comments in the previous post. It helps to know that I am not alone in this thing.
I had a really good day today. In fact, it was the best day I've had in a long time.
Since I've been eating healthier and watching my carb intake, I haven't felt the incessant need to drink my weight in fluids and my body feels like it's running smoother, if that makes sense. I even had energy after I got off of work today (this despite only getting 4 hours of sleep last night), and that almost NEVER happens. Normally by 5 p.m., I am dog tired. If I do anything after the 5 o'clock hour (and I always do), I have to force myself to do it. Not today. I bounced through the door and went straight to the kitchen to start dinner ('cause I was howngry!).
Speaking of food, I am having a hard time finding enough food to eat during the day while still maintaining a reasonable carb intake. I have set a goal of 30-45 grams of carbs per meal. What I'm finding is I meet my carb intake goal way before I've met my caloric needs for a meal. For instance, for lunch today, I had a can of Chunky's Vegetable Beef Soup and half a 6 ounce container of raspberries. Total carb content was approximately 46 grams. Caloric content was approximately 300 calories. Needless to say, I was hungry by 3 p.m.
Other than that, I am doing okay. For today. I moved my doctor's appointment up to Wednesday so I wouldn't have to experience the torture of waiting until Friday. My only concern is I'll find out something else is wrong with me. My blood test results showed that my white blood cell count was slightly high and my platelets were high. Lord only knows what that's about. I hope it's not anything too serious. I don't know if I can take any more bad news.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
You have been seeing the doctor so much and making earlier appointmens and stuff - me thinks ye have a crush on him/her/it.
Yeah, see, it's all good no matter what you have to go through. You're the one who taught me that. And the lessons continue. :-)
Reading your posts on this has forced me to consider what I'm doing to myself. In honor of GrizzBabe I've sworn off all Mt. Dew. (And let me tell you, I am ADDICTED to the caffeine and high fructose corn syrup!). The headaches are already starting.
My grandmother and aunt are both diabetic.
Hope there's no more bad news from the doctor.
My daughter called me two weeks ago in tears because her dog was throwing up.
She wasn't as upset about him being sick as much as she was upset about not knowing what was wrong with him.
I told her I was feeling a littlwe ill myself and had just taken a little Pepto-Bismol and that ol Twister might could use a little of the same.
As luck would have it, it did the trick for Twister but the point is...well...hmmm....there are a lotta lessons there Babae!
Hi Grizzbabe you sho' nuff been miss'd.!!!
We all hope the news from the doctor is manageable, but no matter what, we're rooting for you Grizzbabe. Lifestyle adjustments aren't fun, but if you're already feleing better physically, then it's certainly worth it. Hang in there!
Oh 2write, you done rang my bell now. High Fructose Corn Syrup is the devil, honey! If I get just the slightest taste of it, I'm like a crackwhore sniffing down my next fix.
Hey, Alan do it make you talk to yourself and lie and and stuff?
Like a rug! You don't ever want to get between me and the box of giant-sized Charms Blow Pops. And just LET the CVS be out of them.
So Grizz, how's the week been? How should we be directing our prayers, energies, karmic wheels, and the like?
Post a Comment