Almost a year ago, I wrote a post proclaiming that something, I didn't know what, had taken up residence in my attic. Well, I've finally discovered what loathsome, mythical creatures have chosen to make my home their permanent abode.
Last night, as I am talking to The Boyfriend on the phone, I suddenly realize that I hear birds. They are chirping. Loudly. And at midnight. I am accustomed to hearing birds chirp at ungodly hours but never before the sun's up. It was rather strange, like living in a place that's cold in the Summer and warm in the Winter. The laws of nature, as I understood them, seemed as if they were being violated. I chalked the noises up to my bedroom being in close proximity to the Bradford Pear tree in my back yard and continued my conversation.
This morning, I was about to get in my car and head to the office when something told me to walk to the side of the house and inspect the outside wall of my guest bedroom. I spend a lot of time in that room on my computer and that is where I hear noises most often.
Well, Mother Nature must have read my mind because as I'm coming around the corner, I see 3 or 4 black birds flying hurriedly out of a huge hole in the eave of my house. The wood looked as if it had been peeled back like a banana. I walked a little closer and I swear I could see the eyes of another bird hiding in the hole praying to that bitch Mother Nature that I wouldn't notice him.
My first instinct was to scare him and any of his remaining friends out of the attic but I've seen that Alfred Hitchcock movie. I know what their kind did to Tippi Hedren and I wanted no part of that. Scaredy cat that I am, I tiptoed back to my car and left for work.
I realize this is a situation that I can't ignore. These critters, over time, could do some serious damage to my house if they haven't already. Unfortunately, I have no intention of going up in the attic and forcibly removing the birds from the premises. I have every intention of hiring someone else to do it for me. Then I have to get the hole in my eave fixed. If all goes well, maybe I won't be so afraid to go in my own attic anymore.
Oh, who am I kidding!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Yeah, you're definitely going to have to do something about those birds and that hole--I'd hire someone too. Attics are for people who don't gross out easily, and that's not me.
I thought I had read something on your blog before about attics. Back in Oct., at your friend's attic with the bats. Whom did she use to eradicate her problem??
When I was reading this, I thought, oh she has some birds in her chimney-- but NO-- this DOES sound like something Alfred H. would come up with --- EWW!!
Silly girl! Birds do not make that much noise. It’s definitely ghosts.
At least they weren't bats!
You are soooo brave! I would have died right than and there of a massive heart attack!
Thanks to that damn movie I am petrified of birds. To know that they are now taking up residence with me.. unwelcomed at that.. I would die!
Good luck, be safe!
Hope your rid of the pests *(sorry all bird lovers)* ASAP!
M
I don't suppose you want to hear about my wood rats that live in my barbeque grill?
aaaag!!! i would be freaking out if birds were living in my attic. black birds, nonetheless!! and i'd do that tippytoe thing, too. :)
I had a family of squirerels that lived in my attic...from the sound of it they were Circus Squirrels...and they liked to get an early start..right at the crack of dawn..squirrells make a fine meal!
We had squirrels in ours once. They ate 2 lb of chocolate I had up there! We've had tons of bats too...they come down and fly around my head in our bedroom the odd time!
Okay, MOI, that's not funny!
Not funny at the time, no! I cover my head and my husband and cat work as a team, he with his squash racket and my cat leaping up to get it "on the fly"! My husband's squash game has really improved! HA!
(I was pissed off about the $12 /pound chocolate Xmas presents!)
Post a Comment