Wednesday, August 15, 2007

TMI Tuesday. . .on Wednesday.

I normally do not participate in TMI Tuesday but I always enjoy reading the posts of those who do. This week, I thought the questions were interesting enough and safe enough that I could give it a whirl.

Without further ado, my first, official TMI Tuesday post:

1. Define "infidelity" as it relates to a relationship. Have you ever been guilty of infidelity? Have you ever been the victim of infidelity? Have you ever been a participant in someone else's infidelity?

In my mind, infidelity occurs when you give yourself (either emotionally or physically) to someone who is not your significant other. I have never had an affair and I've never had a significant other to be unfaithful but I have been a victim of infidelity. Because my stepfather was a notorious adulterer, I can honestly say that infidelity is an act of betrayal against not only the spouse but the entire family.

2. What is the last thing you stole?

Our competitor's newspaper out of one of their news stands. I put in enough money for one paper and took four. Shh, don't tell anybody.

3. Name one place in your country that you have never been but would like to visit and why.

New York City. It seems like such a lively and diverse place. And I have always found the sight of concrete and tall buildings exhilarating. I believe I was born to live in a big city even though most big cities are known for having naive, Southern Belles like me for lunch.

4. What movies can you watch over and over again?

All of the movies in my collection were bought with the intention of watching them over and over again. However, I rarely watch the same movie more than once a year. There are a few movies though that I've seen multiple (3 or more) times. They are: Happiness, The Matrix, Brokeback Mountain, Simply Ballroom, Bridget Jone's Diary, Barbershop, Dirty Dancing, Rope, About Adam, Clerks, Under the Tuscan Sun, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, In the Company of Men, Bound, El Mariachi, Something New.


5. Who is the last person you saw naked?

Look, Mom, at the pretty flower! Over there. To your right. Away from your computer screen.

The Boyfriend.

6 comments:

Mother of Invention said...

Would also love to go to NYC just because I've heard so much about it and seen so much from movies and TV. I'm not really a city babe but would love to see all this city has to offer.

I should see some of these movies...I'm way past getting caught up!

James Burnett said...

Big cities suck. Bad traffic. Though NYC, like Miami, where I live, is fun in small 3 - 4 day doses.

And I like your movies list. Seen 'em all except Brokeback Mountain

Good job w/the competitor's paper. Burn 'em next time! Kidding, kidding. Just crush 'em by producing better news reports than them.

Me said...

I don't do TMIs because I think I already disclose TMI every time I blog. LOL.

Grizz, on no fewer than 2 occasions, I've been on a subway train where a gaggle of southern belles had literally taken over the car. It felt like I was having Sweet Tea out on the veranda during the ride between 125th and 59th St.

I think you've got the fever that I have. I could stare out of my window for hours and just look up and down Broadway. I marvel at how so many tall, straight, geometrically perfect buildings were built by the men of the 20's and 30's. They didn't have computers!!

S* said...

OK, one day I'm going to host a Come-to-NYC Blogger weekend and play tour guide to all of you bloggers!

pinknest said...

yeah, nyc!!!

kissyface said...

You vile thief! I should rol up one of those journals and thwack the back of your hand! Kidding, G-Babe.

You would probably LOVE NYC! There is so much to do there. So much art to see, live music and dance and double-dutch in Central Park. I would live there, were I rich. Maybe you and the bf can go on a romantic trip..? I think you've earned it (I mean, inspite of the copy caper).